What type of information do I need for grant writing?
The type of information we typically need for grant writing includes:
- IRS 501(c)(3) letter
- Information about your organization, including history, programs, community needs, collaborations, and how you measure success
- Number of clients served, broken down by age, ethnicity, and socio-economic group
- Biographical information on key staff
- Listing of board members, including professional affiliations of each member
- Total budget and program budgets
- Recent internal financial statements
- Information about previous funding sources
- Most recent Form 990
- Most recent audit, if any
How long does the grant writing process take?
Once we receive all of the information and documentation we need, we typically have the first grant proposal prepared within a couple of weeks. There is a waiting period of several months before most funders make a decision on grant requests.
How would I benefit from talking with you?
We can explore your needs and determine together whether they are now being served to your satisfaction, and to the satisfaction of other key people in your organization. We have been told that we stand out from others in our field because of our promptness, dependability, thoroughness, and availability when needed.
Why should I use your service?
We are committed to the nonprofit sector, and bring a sense of commitment and involvement to the nonprofit organizations we serve. We view client relationships as a partnership that we hope will endure, and we strive to help clients reach their next level of success. We refer to issues we are hired to help resolve as "our" issues, not "your" issues.
Where do you perform your work?
Our work is done at our location, and we communicate regularly by email, fax, and telephone. We visit client locations on an as-needed basis, and we are known to promptly return phone calls and respond to emails.
How are your fees determined?
We charge a monthly fixed fee, which varies based on the number of grant requests to be prepared each month. We do not work on a contingency basis.
Can I check your references?
Excellent references are available upon request.